Recent tax changes require tax advisors to engage in extensive tax planning. Join Jack Surgent, founder of Surgent, for our webinar, “The Best Federal Tax Update Course” (BFTU).
During the webinar, you will be updated on the most important tax issues, and this course will discuss major trends and changes in the case and regulatory law. This course includes full coverage of all tax changes with a view towards planning.
At the end of the day, you will understand strategies and techniques to use in light of tax changes, understand how net investment income tax applies, and learn strategies and techniques that can help mitigate it. Finally, you will understand current cases and rulings that affect individuals and businesses alike.
The webinar will cover:
- New Proposals on tax law changes
- New tax on net investment income:planning to avoid the pitfalls
- Healthcare reform: where it stands now
- Cases and rulings affecting individual taxpayers
- Practice aids, including the 2014 inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates and more
- Recent developments with business entities including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies
- The latest issues related to passive activites
- Substantiation: the Service’s attack on record-keeping
- Other late-breaking tax law changes
- Review of the Year’s most important tax cases, revenue rulings, PLRs, etc.
- Year-end tax planning
This webinar is designed for CPAs who need a refresher of the latest tax law changes in all areas of practice. The only prerequisite is experience with individual and business clients, and no advanced preparation is required. The course is IRS qualified. To register for this course and to view additional courses offered by Surgent, visit surgentcpe.com.