“GRC” (Governance, Risk Management, Compliance) has become a hot topic in industry over the last several years. The high profile scandals of the late 1990s and early 2000s led to Congress enacting the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX). Lapses in governance, risk management and compliance programs and controls were pointed to as major contributing factors to many of these scandals. SOX added various investor protections and enhanced governance related measures, which have had significant impact on entities of all types and sizes. Entity wide audit programs must be steeped in the fundamentals while balanced with strategic level focus to ensure effective and efficient coverage of GRC programs and controls. This course explores the vital balance and integration of audit fundamentals and strategic level focus in practical application terms as it applies to GRC.
Join us for this engaging and enlightening program and explore strategic opportunities for bringing the conceptual world of GRC into the “real” world of organizational performance, growth and success!
- Defining GRC and the importance / potential benefits of effective GRC / GRC auditing programs
- Identifying / defining your GRC auditing universe
- GRC Risk assessment and mapping
- Prioritizing GRC coverage / audit assessment areas
- GRC Strategic Auditing
- Identifying and communicating GRC enhancement and reinforcement opportunities
- Promote positive, principled based GRC/ GRC auditing foundations in all organizations
- Understand the importance and benefits of sound GRC and GRC auditing activities in organizations
- Identify ways to impact and strengthen your organization’s (and their clients’) GRC structures, processes, controls, and related auditing programs
- Highlight strategic opportunities and practical application considerations for building / expanding an effective GRC/ GRC auditing framework for your company and/ or clients
Auditors seeking to enhance overall risk-based programs and focus, with particular emphasis on maximizing entity level controls assessment opportunities related to GRC frameworks, processes, and controls
Experience in auditing