Getting ready for busy season involves not only knowing the new tax rules for the current year, but also understanding how the new rules apply to current-year returns. This course provides an up-to-date review of important tax form changes, new tax forms, key developments as they are reflected in the IRS forms, and IRS filing issues and deadlines that will be invaluable to attendees who prepare tax returns.
- Tax reform update
- A tour of the most recent changes starting from gross income and ending with alternative minimum tax (AMT) and selected credits including the latest IRS guidance on significant recent tax legislation
- Hot, hidden, or miscellaneous developments affecting the upcoming tax season
- What's new in depreciation means-- What DOES NOT show up on depreciation schedules any longer!
- The latest guidance on child credits, education credits, education incentives, and net capital gain and qualified dividend income rate reductions
- Examination of troublesome areas and audit targets
- Review of new laws and changes in old forms to provide a familiarity for the upcoming tax season
- Key new tax and practice developments and how they impact the current-year tax forms for individuals
- Get ready for tax season with a tax tour of this year's income tax returns and schedules
- Understand which income tax returns and schedules have changed
- Identify the legislative, administrative, and judicial developments that affect the income tax returns and schedules
Any tax practitioner preparing or reviewing individual and pass-through entity income tax returns for the current tax year
Basic familiarity with tax rules relating to individual and pass-through entity taxation for the current tax year