In this time of widespread changes to the tax code, careful, flexible planning takes on new importance. This course presents the most important income tax planning ideas wealthy clients and closely held business owners need to consider this year to take advantage of tax reform changes. It highlights areas in the income tax return that suggest future opportunities for the individual client.
- Applicable changes related to tax reform
- Reading a tax return for developing client-specific tax strategies
- Compensation and fringe benefit issues
- Is the client in the right mix of investment vehicles?
- Identify clients with investment income tax problems and the potential ways to reduce or eliminate them, as well as plan for repeal
- All in the family: Tax tactics for spouses, children, and parents
- What is new in health care that CPAs need to know
- Identify areas where individual taxpayers are not taking full advantage of the Code
- Understand recent changes and how they affect planning
All practitioners involved in tax planning for individuals who need to go beyond basic tax and financial planning techniques
Experience in individual income tax planning and income tax return preparation