This course guides you through creating formulas using Financial, Date & Time, Math & Trig, Statistical, Lookup & Reference, Database, Text and Logical functions.
- IRR, NPV, FV, PV, PMT, SLN, SYD, and DB Financial functions;
- NOW, TODAY, DATE, MONTH, DAY, YEAR, TIME, HOUR, MINUTE, SECOND, WEEKDAY, and NETWORKDAYS Date & Time functions;
- SUM, RAND, SQRT, and ROUND Math & Trig functions;
- AVERAGE, MAX, MIN, COUNT, MEDIAN, MODE.SNGL, and LARGE Statistical functions;
- VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and FORMULATEXT Lookup & Reference functions;
- DSUM, DCOUNT, DAVERAGE, DMIN, and DMAX Database functions;
- PROPER, SUBSTITUTE, and LOWER Text functions; and
- IF, AND, and IFNA Logical functions.
- Identify multiple ways to create a formula using one or more functions;
- Select Financial functions to calculate the internal rate of return, net present value, future value, present value, payment and depreciation;
- Select Date & Time functions to insert date and time components;
- Select Math & Trig functions to calculate the sum of a range of numbers; find a random number and the positive square root of a number; and round calculations to a specific number of places;
- Select Statistical functions to find the average, maximum, minimum, count, median and mode of a range of numbers plus the top five numbers;
- Select Lookup & Reference functions to find specific data and document worksheet formulas;
- Select specific criteria and Database functions to calculate the sum, average, maximum value, minimum value and number of cells containing numbers in a database field;
- Select Text functions to improve worksheet appearance; and
- Select Logical functions to perform calculations based on one or more tests.
Experienced Excel 2016 users, or experienced Excel users switching from earlier versions.
Experience working with Excel 2016 in the Windows operating system environment