There are certain “must-have” skills for everyone using Excel—the ability to create workbooks and sheets, enter text and data, and use basic functions like sorting and summing. For many businesspeople, these capabilities may be all they will need throughout their career. For accounting and finance professionals, these skills are just pre-requisites to the real must-have skills they will use every day in the tax and accounting world. In this first module of the Excel Critical Skills Certificate Program you’ll get a thorough grounding in the time-saving shortcuts and strategies finance professionals use to boost their productivity in Excel. Once you have completed this two-hour module and passed the mastery quiz you will have taken a major step toward being a finance functions power user—and you’ll be fully prepared to build on your skills with module two of the certificate program.
- Explore the function that sums better than the SUM function
- Discover a variety of time-saving features, functions, and techniques
- Learn the workaround to a major Excel pitfall
- Understand the function arguments to the functions presented
- Identify several features, functions and techniques that can help improve productivity
- Structure a worksheet so that functions include newly inserted rows
Accounting professionals using Excel for Windows
Foundational knowledge of the basic properties of Excel, whether obtained from an undergraduate level course or workshop, independent use of the program, or the many excellent free tutorials and videos available online.