Tax practitioners are intensely motivated to help their individual clients save money by utilizing the most effective and efficient tax planning strategies. This program gives audience members both new as well as time-tested individual tax planning strategies they can help their individual clients apply before the end of 2017, taking into account any legislative changes that may have been enacted in 2017 that impact 2017 and 2018.
- The most effective individual tax planning ideas, including the following:
- Shifting deductions and income to the most advantageous year
- Making maximum use of the lower individual tax rates by deferring income and accelerating deductions, taking into account any marginal rate changes that may apply to 2017 and later years.
- Taking maximum advantage of available individual tax deductions and credits made permanent by the PATH Act
- Taking advantage of traditional IRA and Roth IRA opportunities and employer-provided retirement plans
- Minimizing self-employment taxes
- Advise clients on tactics and strategies that allow them to maximize tax benefits available to them before the end of 2017
Any tax practitioner wishing to understand and apply individual tax planning strategies to his or her individual clients before the end of 2017
A basic understanding of the tax rules relating to the income taxation of individuals