In this one-hour course, users will learn to apply Power Query to extract, transform, and load data for analysis. Users will learn how to manipulate data once it is loaded into the platform and will practice the manipulation during the course. Using the same data as the instructor, users will perform an exercise to clean and transform a basic general ledger with an emphasis on preparing the data for analysis.
This course is one in a ten-part certification series, Core Data Analytics: Excel and Power BI Skills for Accounting and Finance Professionals, by Surgent IQ.
- An ETL tool- Extract Transform and Load
- How Power Query ups your game in data analytics
- Interface components of Power Query
- Column level and table actions
- Power Query is a sequential macro recorder
- What is M Code?
- Exercise- cleaning and transforming a general ledger
- Understand the applicable Excel skills that will be required in making the transition to data analyst
- Apply Power Query to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data
- Understand and apply the basics of data cleaning
- Understand what M Code is and how it is used
- Apply ETL processes to a dataset
Accountants who want to transition to data analysis and have a basic knowledge of Excel and Excel formulas
2+ years of experience working with Excel
Install Power Pivot and Data Analysis ToolPak