Knowing the accounting principles is only half the story for most accountants. You must also understand the myriad of rules relating the reporting requirements for audits. This course will cover the nuts and bolts of these pronouncements as well as the theory required to make proper decisions.
Topics will include the latest SAS updates, enhancing audit quality, the new competency framework, the COSO fraud risk guide and SSAE 18. We will pay special attention to the most important provisions for compliance, including documentation. We will also discuss some troublesome topics as well as other reporting topics.
- Latest audit standard updates, including going concern
- The AICPA Project for Enhancing Audit Quality
- The COSO Fraud Risk Guide
- AICPA Competency Framework
- Describe the basics for SAS 130
- Describe the basics for SAS 131
- Apply the provisions for auditing going concern under SAS 132
- Identify the major elements of the AICPA's project for Enhancing Audit Quality
- Apply the principles found in the new COSO Fraud Risk Guide
- Identify the guidance found in the AICPA Competency Framework for Assurance Services
- Identify the major elements of SSAE 18 for assurance services
- Describe peer review problem areas
- Apply better practice skills for documentation