In our very distressed economic circumstances, many business clients are asking us about Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans. Many want to know whether the loan option is worth forgoing the Employee Retention Credit, and how one goes about applying for such a loan and obtaining its forgiveness. This webinar begins with a detailed discussion of PPP loans and goes on to cover family leave and sick leave credits and the latest information regarding tax return extended due dates and payment dates.
Demand for these loans is anticipated to be incredibly high, and it is probable the $349 billion allocated by the government to businesses devastated by COVID-19 will run out in short order. Our expert panelists, however, will discuss alternative funding measures as well - namely the Employee Retention Credit.
Navigate your way through the confusing maze of government programs recently established for the benefit of small business owners. This program will serve as the comprehensive source for those dealing with payroll interruption and other business problems resulting from the economic downturn.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans: essential details, including how and where to apply, employee certifications, and how PPP loans may be forgiven
- The Employee Retention Credit versus PPP loans
- Paid sick leave and paid family leave, including eligible employees and the offsetting employer credit
- Family and sick leave credits for self-employed individuals
- Latest regarding extended tax return filing dates and due dates
- Confidently advise clients with respect to the government’s latest response to the coronavirus pandemic
Any tax practitioner advising individual and business clients
Previous experience with individual tax law