Staying abreast of new and emerging standards and best practices is critical for any successful private or public accountant. This monthly program will focus on the practical impact and implementation of recently issued professional and regulatory standards affecting non-issuers, including not-for-profits. Emerging best practices and interpretations, and the current status of various important standard-setting projects in process will also be discussed.
- Recently released FASB accounting standard updates
- Statements on Auditing Standards (SASs)
- Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARSs)
- Other important issues, such as independence and quality control matters
- Understand the most recent professional and regulatory standards relevant to non-issuers
- Describe the current status of relevant on-going standard-setting projects
Practicing CPAs and accounting professionals in business and industry that prepare, compile, review or audit GAAP-basis financial statements