One of the downsides to our current technological revolution is that it has left confidential company data vulnerable to unauthorized access. While many companies understand the benefits of implementing technology, they may not understand all of the risks or how to mitigate them.
In this session, John Raspante, Director of Risk Management at McGowanPRO, a leading insurer of professional services firms, discusses common cybersecurity threats that often lead to data breaches and proven controls that can help to mitigate these threats. He will also discuss how to create a culture of security and privacy at your firm that goes beyond mere compliance with controls to turn such a culture into an asset for your company. Lastly, he’ll discuss commonly available insurance policies that safeguard against the effects of data and privacy breaches, as well as company legal requirements for reporting breaches if one should occur.
- Common cybersecurity and data privacy risks that exist
- Challenges in maintaining effective data security policies and procedures
- Best practices in implementing effective data privacy controls and cultural awareness
- Legal responsibilities related to reporting data breaches
- Common insurance products to protect against the adverse effects of data breaches
- Recall common cybersecurity and data privacy risks
- Identify key controls related to data security
- Identify insurance products that can mitigate data breach exposure and liability
- Recall reporting responsibilities for data breaches
All CPAs with data protection responsibilities or who are interested in data protection and privacy issues