This year practitioners need to keep abreast of tax changes affecting pass-through entities used by their business clients and employers, and this enlightening course delivers that information. You will learn invaluable strategies, techniques, innovative tax-planning concepts, income-generating ideas, and other planning opportunities available to S corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs. Continually updated to reflect enacted legislation.
- Coverage of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- Timely coverage of breaking tax legislation
- Schedules K-2 and K-3 reporting requirements
- Form 7203, S Corporation Shareholder Stock and Debt Basis Limitations
- Overview of the economics and tax consequences of crowdfunding campaigns
- The Centralized Audit Regime
- Selected Practice and Reporting Issues: What’s new?
- A review of recent cases, rulings, and tax law changes affecting S corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships
- Choice of entity issues
- Employee vs independent contractor considerations that companies should be aware of, including the recently reinstated Department of Labor Final Rule
- Split-dollar arrangements
- A review of like-kind exchange transactions under §1031
- IRC §163(j) considerations in 2022
- State and local taxes: pass-through entity workarounds
- Carried interest
- Accounting method reform
- Special basis adjustments
- Impact of the net investment income tax on the owners of pass-through entities
- Review of the most important business tax cases, revenue rulings, PLRs, etc.
- Understand the major issues on which taxpayers and the IRS are in conflict
- Understand recent IRS guidance and legislation impacting pass-through entities