The United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is the prime regulator of capital markets in the United States. If your company is an SEC registrant or contemplating a securities offering, or if you are a CPA who provides services to an SEC client, you need to stay up to date on what is going on at the SEC. In this quarterly two-hour update, we’ll explore the key topics on the SEC agenda, such as Environmental, Social and Governance disclosures, digital currencies, non-GAAP disclosures, common comment letter themes, SEC enforcement activities, implementation of new SEC rules and regulations, and other initiatives to both safeguard investors as well as increase access to markets.
With the current activist approach of SEC Chair Gensler, there is likely to be significant rule setting and enforcement activity over the next year. So, if you are involved with SEC matters or clients, or just want to stay on top of the latest accounting regulatory news, this is the course for you.
- SEC guidance in the areas of financial accounting and reporting
- Other SEC rules and regulations with which entities will need to comply
- Other issues related to the SEC
- Recall recent SEC accounting and reporting guidance
- Describe recent regulatory activity at the SEC
- Recall other issues currently being deliberated by the SEC
Accounting and auditing practitioners and industry financial professionals at all levels desiring to understand the rules and regulations of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission
Experience in accounting and auditing issues related to publicly traded companies