Using a variety of hands-on exercises, this course enables users to learn how to add columns using Power Query (Excel version). Power Query is an “ETL” tool that extracts, transforms, and loads data. This tool has a user-friendly interface that enables the Excel user to connect to data sets they previously did not have access to. It also enables powerful data transformations without requiring any coding and will save the Excel user time in performing their cleanup of data.
This course is the fifth in a twelve-part series, Power Query: Beginning Data Analytics for the Excel User. The series is designed so the Excel user can learn the functionality of Power Query and the many benefits of this powerful tool. Each 1-hour webcast has hands-on examples to enable the Excel user to experience the active learning of Power Query.
- Create a new column from existing columns
- Adding columns is determined by the data type of the column
- Adding new columns
- Hands-on examples: column from examples, merging columns, duplicate columns, custom columns, conditional column, index column
- Understand how to add columns in Power Query by a variety of methods, including merging columns, duplicating columns, and adding custom columns
- Recognize that adding columns is determined by the data type of the column
Excel users who want to develop data analytics skills
Save all data sets provided to a central location on your computer