With the effective date of ASC 842, Leases, imminent, it’s time to get tactical with your implementation plan. In this webinar, Ane Ohm, the co-founder and CEO of leading lease accounting software provider LeaseCrunch, joins Surgent to discuss lessons learned and best practices from those who have already completed ASC 842 adoption to help assure a successful implementation of this complex accounting standard.
Ane will discuss her experiences in assisting companies through the nuances of ASC 842, from navigating its complex guidance on such topics as lease term, lease payments, and discount rates to providing a road map for performing transition accounting. Plus, she’ll demonstrate the value of using lease accounting software to assist in these activities.
With time at a premium, this webinar will allow you to focus on the important activities that you should be doing now to complete your ASC 842 implementation.
- ASU No. 2016-02, Leases (Topic 842)
- Implementation challenges in adopting ASC 842
- Common pitfalls and errors in applying ASC 842
- Best practices in implementing ASC 842
- Use of lease accounting software for successful implementation and ongoing accounting
- Identify best practices for successful ASC 842 adoption
- Recall common challenges when applying ASC 842 guidance
- Identify tools to assist with successful ASC 842 adoption
Practicing CPAs and their staffs, both in public accounting and business and industry — controllers, accountants, and other financial accounting personnel involved in financial statement preparation and review
Experience in financial accounting and reporting