This highly informative course responds to all of the latest tax law developments with a full update on changed requirements and a thorough discussion of the planning opportunities that you need to understand to help your clients respond effectively. You will come away from the course with the up-to-date knowledge you need to educate your individual tax clients and implement tax-saving ideas that will serve their ever-evolving needs -- especially in a year of significant tax law change.
- Complete coverage of all the latest IRS rulings and procedures affecting individuals in general, along with an up-to-date summary of the most important tax court decisions and tax law changes
- Retirement plans: what is new?
- Tax on net investment income: will it survive? What to do now.
- Health care reform: where are we now? Where are we going?
- The latest ideas dealing with the tax aspects of investments; dealing with all the issues of the passive activity rules
- Identity theft: the latest issues and updates
- Retirement planning strategies: qualified plans and IRAs, traditional and Roth; resolving issues of improper early or late distributions and rollovers
- Practice aids, including inflation-adjusted amounts and 2017 numbers, including mileage rates and more
- Year-end tax planning ideas
- Other late-breaking tax law changes, including post-election developments
- Understand strategies and tactics to use in light of tax rates
- Understand the most current guidance on retirement planning
- Understand how to nail down valuable deductions and other reductions to the tax base
All tax practitioners, both those working in public accounting as well as those in private industry, who need the latest information on tax changes affecting their individual clients
Experience in individual tax planning