The President and Congress delivered a revolutionary tax reform plan in late 2017. With the most sweeping changes to the tax code in 30 years now here, this highly informative course responds to all of the latest tax law developments with a full update on changed requirements and a thorough discussion of the planning opportunities that you need to understand to help your clients respond effectively. You will come away from the course with the up-to-date knowledge you need to educate your individual tax clients and implement tax-saving ideas that will serve their ever-evolving needs.
- Complete coverage of tax reform changes impacting individual clients, including changes to home mortgage interest deductions, modifications of NOL rules, new alimony rules, and much more
- Real estate professionals
- Health care reform: where are we now? Where are we going?
- The latest ideas dealing with the tax aspects of investments; issues regarding passive activity rules
- Identity theft: the latest issues and updates
- Retirement planning strategies: qualified plans and IRAs, traditional and Roth; resolving issues of improper early or late distributions and rollovers
- Practice aids, including inflation-adjusted amounts and 2018 numbers, with mileage rates and more
- Year-end tax planning ideas
- Other late-breaking tax law changes
- Understand strategies and tactics to use in light of new tax rates
- Understand the most current guidance on retirement planning
- Understand how to nail down valuable deductions and other reductions to the tax base
All tax practitioners, both those working in public accounting as well as those in private industry, who need the latest information on tax changes affecting their individual clients
Experience in individual tax planning