This course teaches the user how to perform data transformations in Power Query, using a hands-on approach. Power Query is an “ETL” tool that extracts, transforms, and loads data. This tool has a user-friendly interface that enables the Excel user to connect to data sets they previously did not have access to. It also enables powerful data transformations without requiring any coding and will save the Excel user time in performing their cleanup of data.
This course is the fourth in a twelve-part series, Power Query: Beginning Data Analytics for the Excel User. The series is designed so the Excel user can learn the functionality of Power Query and the many benefits of this powerful tool. Each 1-hour webcast has hands-on examples to enable the Excel user to experience the active learning of Power Query.
- Workflow of a data transformation, including data cleaning, data enrichment, and data shaping
- How to perform data transformations
- Hands-on example: flattening a general ledger
- Understand all transformations available in Power Query to turn messy data into a table format to enable data modeling
- Understand how to perform data transformations using a hands-on example
Excel users who want to develop data analytics skills
Save all data sets provided to a central location on your computer