With two active standard setters (i.e., the GASB and FASB), there are always important developments occurring in government and nonprofit accounting. Time is valuable and it’s hard to stay current in today’s rapidly changing environment. Let us save you time and effort in staying current through this informative update course. The purpose of this course is to enable you to excel in the constantly changing government and nonprofit environment. The course materials utilize a highly illustrative and innovative format. Over a dozen focused exercises are included to provide an enhanced working knowledge of the latest developments in government and nonprofit accounting.
- Prepare for the implementation of the new FASB ASU on nonprofit financial reporting (i.e., ASU No. 2016-14) while also developing a deeper understanding of the effects that the FASB ASUs on leases (i.e., ASU No. 2016-02) and revenue recognition (i.e., ASU No. 2014-09) will have on nonprofits in the years to come
- Recent GASB activities directed towards state and local governments with an emphasis on the implementation of GASB No. 75, Accounting and Financial Reporting for Postemployment Benefits Other Than Pensions
- Keep up to date with the latest developments related to governments and nonprofits at the FASB and GASB
- Ensure that your accounting skills stay up-to-date with current requirements
- Be prepared for major changes on the horizon
Auditors and industry professionals working in the government and nonprofit environment
Knowledge of government and nonprofit accounting