This course is designed for the Excel user to begin their data analytics journey with an introduction to a product created for their skill set: Power Query, using the Excel version. Power Query is an ”ETL” tool that extracts, transforms, and loads data. This tool has a user-friendly interface that enables the Excel user to connect to data sets they previously did not have access to. It also enables powerful data transformations without requiring any coding and will save the Excel user time in performing their cleanup of data.
This course is the first in a twelve-part series, Power Query: Beginning Data Analytics for the Excel User. The series is designed so the Excel user can learn the functionality of Power Query and the many benefits of this powerful tool. Each 1-hour webcast has hands-on examples to enable the Excel user to experience the active learning of Power Query.
- What is Power Query?
- Why should I learn Power Query?
- What are the benefits of using Power Query?
- Power Query is not just for Excel
- Power Query versions are not the same
- What version of Power Query do I have?
- How to get Power Query
- Making your first connection in Power Query
- Hands-on examples: connection query, editing a query, duplicating a query
- Understand what Power Query is and the benefits of using it
- Understand how to access Power Query
Excel users who want to develop data analytics skills
Save all data sets provided to a central location on your computer