Whistle-blowers play an important role in fraud detection and prevention. This course will review historical financial whistle-blowers and they role they play in organizations, as well as explore whistle-blower myths. It includes a conversation with a whistle-blower and a former FBI agent.
This is the last of five 2-hour courses in Surgent’s Fraud Certificate Program. This program includes a combination of lectures, animated videos, and live interviews with white-collar offenders and whistle-blowers. Each course is designed to be engaging and informative and will enhance your understanding of fraud.
- Understanding whistle-blowing
- When should you blow the whistle?
- Types of whistle-blower channels
- The whistle-blower's dilemma
- Successful whistle-blower letters
- When is whistle-blowing unethical?
- Laws to protect whistle-blowers
- Ten whistle-blowing myths
- Recognize the importance of whistle-blowers in fraud detection and prevention
- Understand the challenges and dilemmas faced by whistle-blowers
Professionals who want to better understand the role of whistle-blowers in preventing fraud