For roughly 90% of American retirees, Social Security income will be the foundation of their retirement income. Yet, many are ill-prepared and lack understanding of the critical aspects of making an informed claiming decision. Further challenged to separate fact from fiction, consumers crave accurate information from knowledgeable professionals to make the most out of these coveted monthly benefits. Join Heather Schreiber, RICP®, NSSA®, founder of HLS Retirement Consulting, LLC, and author of Social Security Advisor, as she dispels common myths about Social Security that lead to confusion and replaces them with the truth to an empowered retirement. Help your clients navigate their claiming age decisions with greater confidence, equipped with the essential truths they should consider before pushing the Social Security “on” button.
- Will Social Security be there for me?
- How is my benefit calculated?
- Can I claim my benefit and work too?
- When do I stop paying Social Security taxes?
- Why does my government pension cause my benefits to be reduced?
- Can I claim spousal benefits now and my own later?
- What is my breakeven?
- Can I claim benefits from my ex-spouse?
- What do you mean I may pay taxes on my income benefits?
- … and more!
- Advise clients on the latest applicable Social Security strategies
- Implement effective Social Security strategies for practitioners’ own needs
Accounting and finance practitioners seeking the latest Social Security guidance for themselves and their clients