As COVID-19 restrictions loosen, many business leaders are thinking about a return to the physical workplace. As pleasantly surprised as many of those leaders were by how quickly their employees adapted to doing their jobs remotely, they may be even more surprised to learn that many of those employees have little to no interest in going back to the workplace full time. With that context, now is the time to plan a return to the physical workplace, keeping in mind that the government and the virus ultimately may dictate the timeline. This course will identify important legal and other considerations to keep in mind as you formulate your plan and employee communication strategies.
- Realistic timeline for returning to the physical workspace
- Importance and contents of a safety plan:
- Isolation and quarantine following positive tests and/or exposure
- The role of vaccination in the return to work
- High risk employees/reasonable accommodation
- Additional challenges/what’s next?
- Recognize the legal, employee relations, and other practical considerations that should go into formulating a plan for return to the physical workspace
- Understand current health and safety guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Return employees to the workplace in a legally compliant manner
Business leaders seeking to return remote employees to the physical workplace
Basic knowledge of workplace safety and employment laws